Accessibility has been a core value of the Lakes Area Music Festival since its inception. The music presented each summer seeks to provide everyone with the opportunity to experience and enjoy world-class live performances, regardless of previous classical music education, or economic status. This is done through both a series of educational opportunities catering to music lovers of all ages and experiences and by making each concert of the festival season free of charge. As a continuation of this commitment to accessibility, LAMF’s Outreach program brings the mission of the organization outside the walls of Tornstrom Auditorium and directly into the community.
LAMF is proud to present an expanded calendar of outreach activities into the Brainerd Lakes Area. The world-class musicians of the LAMF roster will perform and interact with members of the community who would not otherwise be able to experience live classical music performances – places like area nursing homes, shelters, and the Crow Wing County Jail.
A vibrant cultural scene contributes to a thriving community. By reaching out new audiences, LAMF seeks to spread the impact of that vibrancy to everyone!
In order to create a well-rounded and diverse schedule of outreach activities, LAMF is seeking proposals from central Minnesota nonprofits, organizations, and venues in need of our mission and music. The proposal process invites ideas for activities which remove barriers to the arts and promote accessibility for the greater good.
All proposals will then be reviewed anonymously by a panel comprised of community members throughout the region, and evaluated on the basis of making live music accessible to a diverse (geographic and otherwise) populace.
- We encourage proposals come directly from the organizations that will host or partner with LAMF to bring the activity to fruition;
- All proposals should impact under-served individuals in the central Minnesota community;
- Due to a busy rehearsal and performance schedule, musicians’ availability will typically be limited to 45-90 minutes;
- Most activities will take place in July and August;
- LAMF may need to adjust your request based on which musicians are available;
- Be creative! LAMF hopes to present a variety of diverse activities in diverse venues to serve our community.
We are not accepting applications for Summer 2021 due to COVID-19.
Spread The Word
Do you have a favorite nonprofit or service organization that could benefit from a musical partnership with our Outreach Initiative? Download our informational flier and share it with them.
2020 Outreach Panel
Grants Program Coordinator, Five Wings Arts Council
Gull Lake Resort, Costumes for a Cause
Destination Services Specialist, Visit Brainerd
Owner, Nisswa Yoga
- Aitkin County Friends of the Arts
- Arbor Glen Senior Apartments
- Bethany Good Samaritan
- Brainerd Public Library
- Brainerd Restoration
- Breath of Life Day Center
- Crow Wing County Jail
- Kinship Partners
- Mid-Minnesota Women’s Center Shelter
- Mounted Eagles
- Nisswa Yoga
- Northern Lakes Senior Living
- Paul Bunyan Education Cooperative
- Pequot Lakes Library Reading Program
- Rainbow Days
- Teen Challenge Choir
- YMCA Children’s and Youth Programming