The Lakes Area Music Festival thrives on the volunteer support of community members. Over 300 volunteers perform vital tasks, from housing and feeding musicians to helping build opera sets and running concert operations. As a result, LAMF has become a hub for arts-lovers from across the state offering professional classical music for free each and every summer.
The personal connection fostered between our volunteers, our audience, and our musicians is key to LAMF’s success. LAMF belongs to the community who fosters its growth each summer, and each volunteer is a part of the cultural fabric of the lakes area.
No matter your schedule, no matter your skills – we have a place for you. Join us today!
Every summer, LAMF volunteers provide…
Hours of Production
Nights of Housing
…and so much more!
There are many opportunities to volunteer…
- Host a musician in your home
- Host or assist with musician meals and snacks
- Provide recreation opportunities for musicians
- Help plan one of the LAMF special events
- Provide childcare for musicians’ kids during rehearsals
- Usher or be a greeter at a concert
- Help construct the opera set
- Assist backstage
- Lend your spare car to an out-of-state musician
- Provide transportation to/from the MSP airport
- Help with publicity in your community
- Assist with general volunteer tasks
- Help with clerical or office tasks
- Other opportunities to donate your time and skills!
To sign up are inquire about volunteer opportunities please contact volunteer data coordinator Sherri DeLaHunt or call our office at 218-ASK-LAMF (218-275-5263).