A donor-advised fund (DAF) acts like a charitable savings account, allowing you to contribute cash, stocks, real estate, or other assets into it, and make charitable donations to the organizations you want to support. You receive a tax benefit in the year you contribute to your DAF, and you can maximize the impact of that contribution with gifts to the causes you support over many years.
Do you make gifts from a donor-advised fund? Complete the form below to notify us of an upcoming gift.
Leave a Legacy with your Donor Advised Fund
You can also create a lasting legacy by naming the Lakes Area Music Festival as a beneficiary of your donor-advised fund. You can also create a family legacy and establish a multi-generational tradition of giving by naming your loved ones as successor advisors to your fund. You can make a transformational impact on the causes you care about, and enable your loved ones to continue making grants to the charitable organizations that matter to them. Contact your fund administrator for a beneficiary form.
Benefits of DAF Gifts
- Immediately receive the maximum tax deduction that the IRS allows for the amount you invest in your DAF.
- At any time afterward, you can make your charitable gifts as grants recommended from your DAF.
- Your DAF sponsor will handle all record-keeping, disbursements and tax receipts for you.
- The balance remaining in your DAF can be invested for tax-free growth.
- There are no start-up costs for establishing a DAF, and there are no transaction fees. 100% of your recommended grants go to your qualified public charities of choice.
Establishing a Donor Advised Fund
The Brainerd Lakes Area Community Foundation is a community partner who can help you support all of the causes that matter to you. Through a donor advised fund at BLACF, you can make a gift of cash, stock, real estate, or other asset to the Lakes Area Music Festival and all of the organizations you care about.
To establish your donor advised fund, contact Terri Foster, Executive Director of the Brainerd Lakes Area Community Foundation, or visit one of these sponsoring public charities to learn more.
Notify us of a Donor Advised Fund Gift
"*" indicates required fields