The Lakes Area Music Festival is one of the fastest growing arts organizations in the nation. Set amongst the stunning beauty and lakeside recreation of central Minnesota, LAMF fosters the highest level of artistic excellence, while connecting its art and artists to a vibrant community of music lovers.
Our 2023 Vocal Fellowship Program will offer up to 5 talented vocalists with a paid fellowship in Brainerd, Minnesota in early August. Application materials are due Friday, February 17.
We look forward to welcoming you to Minnesota this summer!
- $1,300 stipend, travel, and host accommodations in the Lakes Area of central Minnesota, July 18 through August 13, 2023.
- Participation in the Lakes Area Music Festival’s production of Donizetti’s Don Pasquale as study-covers of main roles and choristers
- Perform with orchestra in an aria and scenes showcase, to be live-streamed and recorded. The LAMF orchestra includes musicians from the best orchestras in the nation, including the New York Philharmonic, San Francisco Symphony, and others.
- Vocal coaching and/or masterclasses with artistic staff and guests from top opera companies nation-wide
- Professional development coaching from Paul Hopper, associate artistic administrator of the Metropolitan Opera.
- One or more of the following:
- Participation in LAMF’s Prelude Series, with art song programs around rural central Minnesota
- Performance in a classic musical theater Cabaret event
- Participation in an outreach activity at the local women’s shelter or county jail
- Additional performance opportunities
Interested singers should submit materials and information through the google form linked below.
Materials should include 3 recordings of arias or art songs, with at least one in Italian. Video is preferred; audio-only will be accepted. Additional materials such as CVs, resumes, headshots, or personal statements are accepted but not required. LAMF is committed to accessibility; if you require any additional accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, February 17.
The Lakes Area Music Festival is one of the fastest growing arts organizations in the nation. It maintains the highest level of artistic excellence while connecting its art and artists to a vibrant community of music lovers.